WELLNESS TRENDS TO TRY IN 2023.
DRY BODY BRUSHING:
What is it and why should I be doing it?
If you keep up to date with wellness trends, you may have seen the concept of dry body brushing sweeping the internet as of late, but for those that aren’t across this tool & technique, we are here to give you the low down on why it is so popular.
Exfoliation - the bristles from the dry brush work effectively to eliminate dry skin cells and leave your skin feeling soft & rejuvenated. It is recommended you complete this technique at least a couple of times a week to reap the benefits of smoother looking skin. Furthermore, if you are one to wear fake tan, this technique can also be beneficial in removing old tan and preparing your skin for a new application.
- Circulation & lymphatic drainage - the technique of brushing your skin with long strokes, working from the feet upwards towards your heart, is said to improve circulation and promote blood flow around the body. Using a gentle amount of pressure, dry brushing can support the lymph system (which works to remove toxins & waste) and help get things moving.
How to dry brush:
- Most effective when completed before a shower, or an Infrared sauna session.
- Ensure skin is completely dry and free from any lotions.
- Starting at your feet, take long circular strokes, moving upwards towards your heart, applying a medium amount of pressure.
- When you reach your arms, start at your wrists and stroke towards your armpits.
- For your stomach, brush in smaller, circular strokes in a clockwise direction.
- Finish off with a warm shower and moisturise your skin thoroughly.
What are the benefits?
Another wellness trend we simply can't get enough of; infrared saunas.
Unlike traditional saunas that use steam and heat to warm up a room, infrared saunas use infrared lamps to generate warmth and heat the body, by using light panels to penetrate the skin’s cells. This gentle approach provides a wealth of benefits for both the body & mind, in a more manageable & comfortable heat.
Typically infrared sauna sessions last between 30 - 45 minutes and many people use them as a tool to relax, unwind and de-stress.
Incorporating infrared saunas into your routine can also be a great recovery method if your body is sore or tight from regular exercise or if you are suffering from an injury.
Top health benefits:
- Soothes sore muscles
- Improves skin texture & reduces redness
- Boosts mood
- Improves circulation & reduces water retention
- Relaxes the body & mind
Have you got a wellness technique you swear by? Share in the comments below!