Asian fusion never sounded so damn easy. This savoury Japanese Pancake recipe is quick, easy to follow and all round delicious.
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 15 min
35g (¼ cup) wholemeal spelt flour
150g chicken breast mince
100g button mushrooms, sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
100g white cabbage, shredded
1 tbs chopped fresh chives, plus extra to serve
1 large carrot, grated
60g baby spinach leaves, to serve
1 tbs oyster sauce, to drizzle
1. Whisk together the flour, eggs and 2 tablespoons cold water until smooth. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
2. Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil. Add the mince and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
3. Stir the pork mixture, cabbage, chives and carrot into the egg batter.
4. Return a clean large non-stick frying pan over medium–high heat and lightly spray with oil. Ladle ¼ of the batter (per pancake) into the pan and spread it out to 1 cm thick. Cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden. Repeat to make 4 pancakes.
5. Serve the pancakes drizzled with oyster sauce and topped with extra chives and baby spinach leaves.
Recipe formulated for HUSTL. HEALTH.
Created by ®Chrissy Freer