CHOCOLATE & SWEET POTATO BROWNIES.
Healthy brownies, need I say more? Finger licking good sweet potato brownies made with almond meal, dates, coconut oil and more nutrient-rich ingredients. All come together to create my favourite brownie recipe.
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 20 min
150g medjool dates (about 7), pitted, chopped
1 cup mashed sweet potato or pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla extract
60ml (1/4 cup) olive or macadamia oil
30g (¼ cup) cocoa powder
½ tsp baking powder
50g (½ cup) almond meal
50g 70% dark chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/150°C fan forced. Line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper.
2. Place dates and 1 tablespoon water in a microwave safe dish. Cover and microwave on high (100%) for 1 minute. Roughly mash with a fork.
3. Process the sweet potato and dates in a food processor until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla and oil and process until well combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
4. Sift the cocoa and baking powder into the date mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in the almond meal and chopped chocolate.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 20 minutes or until just firm when lightly pressed. Set aside to cool in the pan before cutting into 16 squares. Serve dusted with extra cocoa.
TIP: Brownies will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Recipe formulated for HUSTL. HEALTH.
Created by ®Chrissy Freer